Sunday, August 17, 2008

First Dive



Today I went diving with Husband (aka Aquaman) and a good friend. It was a beautiful day, which was good because traffic to the North Shore was bad. After a bit of a wait we made it to a place called Shark's Cove. The only down side to this dive was a rocky beach entry. So after climbing down the hill with weight belt and tank on it felt to good to jump on in. It was Aquaman's first dive with me and I felt a little bit like I do when I take students out, but he was great. He had a few problems with his BC leaking air, too much weight, and his mask fogging up, but he handled it like a pro. We made a 50 minute dive and saw fish, coral, crabs, sea cucumbers... and he even saw an octopus. The trip was finished off by pizza in Haleiwa, shopping at Patagonia (where almost everything was 40-60% off), and dessert (mango cheesecake and a brownie sunday). All in all a fun day I would love to repeat anytime. However we have decided our next outdoor adventure will be a hike on the ridge up the hill from here. So until next time...

No comments: