Friday, August 22, 2008

Good night, sleep tight, oh wait there are bed bugs

Well after a few weeks of unexplained bites on my ankles, legs, and now arms I have deduced that we have a bug problem :( SO this morning I let off 4 bug "bombs" in the house... Before you get too worried or think twice about visiting us let me say that bugs thrive in the tropics! It is really pretty common to have roaches, fleas, and or bedbugs at some point in time. So back to the bombs. Well we decided it would be a good idea to set them off as we left for work so the air would be cleared out by the evening. What I forgot to take into account however is that smoke alarms do not just sense smoke. I set the first bomb in the bedroom and the next thing I know the smoke alarm is going off like crazy. You would think after all this time I have spent in school I could figure it out, but like a fool I charged the bomb with a piece of cardboard wafting away the spraying poison like a maniac. I grabbed the bomb and managed to get it all over my hands and in my nails, and Unfortunately in my lungs. Dashing back out to the living room for some fresh air I managed to run to the 2 other smoke detectors and rip out their batteries and set off 3 more bombs. But I think the damage has been done. I know feel like I have been running my lungs off all day. First lesson learned: don't let the bugs get in, Second: Don't spray the smoke detector with a bug bomb, and Third: Whatever you do don't breathe until you are outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! i hope you're okay, it can't be good to breathe that stuff!